> Blind tapped holes are everyday occurrences commercially, its not a
> problem.

Right!  While I prefer through holes, there are plenty of places where I
can't go through.
One thing I make is some cabinet rails that are 8 - 11" long, and have
threaded holes in the
ends.  The part I copied was an extrusion with the tap diameter extruded
into the part, but when I make them from aluminum bar stock, I don't
have that luxury.  I just drill deep and tap it, no biggie.
Sometimes I even rigid-tap these, but that can cause binding of the tap,
so I more often tap
by hand to avoid accidents.  That might be a perfect place for forming taps.

Jon