On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Anders Wallin
<anders.e.e.wal...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > Phu... I guess I have to learn some OpenGL. And I wanted to look at
> > OpenCL for tool path generation, single precision floating points would
> > will most probably be sufficient for tool path generation, I guess.
> >
> > Did you think about using the GPU to do the calculations for the
> simulation?
>
> There are one or two papers by Tukora about this:
> http://www.youtube.com/user/BalazsTukora
> and
> http://dx.doi.org/10.1201/9780203859476.ch93

FYI - I sent Balazs an email several months ago asking if the source was
available.  He replied that he wasn't able to release the source because he
had (or was applying for) patents. I hope you're able to benefit from the
GPU, but you may have to work around those patents if you live in a country
where they are enforceable.

Bleh!

Florian, your toolpath generation work would definitely be of interest to
us.  I hope you can release it under an open source license.

Mark