Seems to me the best way to cut off some fingers is to depend on a
switch to stop the blade.  At some point it will fail and you from habit
will stick yore fingers near.  Just keep your hands in your pockets
until the blade stops. Just like any other safe working habits depend on
good practice.
                                                     Doug