I found this message:
http://www.mail-archive.com/emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg19677.html
and am very interested on what happened.

I am in a similar predicament, I purchased a EMCO PC MILL 50 without the
EMCO proprietary RS485 board and would love to get this thing working. I am
trying to locate a used board or somehow circumvent that requirement. I have
a standard RS485 board.

Is there a way to search this message list?

If anyone figured out a way to get this mill going without the proprietary
RS485 board, or changing out the controller board and motors, then I would
LOVE to hear it! Also, I would love to help if there are some people with
the same situation.

Thanks!
RandEE