On Jun 12, 2011, at 8:23 PM, Mike Payson <m...@dawgdayz.com> wrote:

>  That said, if you want to build one, I _strongly_ recommend you start with a
> standard Prusa Mendel (http://reprap.org/wiki/Prusa) and only start
> experimenting after you have got that up and running. The current design has
> it's limitations, but they are relatively minor and the current design is
> used by so many people in the community that it is easy to get support for
> it. FWIW, there are parts that are problematic, but I would say that the
> motor mounts are not among them.

Why do you say prusa over Mendel? The Mendel seems like a better design... Real
bearings and all that. It seemed to me like most of the complexity is in the
firmware and software so why not go for the mechanics with the fewest
compromises?

> No, you can get 10 2x2" PCBs for $13 US delivered. Not $13 each, $13 total.

Oh my. That's nuts. Maybe we could get the to print plastic parts to order for
us too :-P