On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 11:12:54 -0500, you wrote:

>Steve Blackmore wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for testing - Looks like you found it, it does appear to be some
>> trajectory planner bug on transition from lines to curves/curves to
>> lines.
>>
>> I tested the code on some mdf,  I'm glad it was only a test and not an
>> expensive piece of wood, the cutter left burn marks on some of the
>> slowdowns :(
>>
>Can we get more specific?  What version are you running?  I pretty much
>only have
>built from source versions of EMC here, but would be willing to run some
>tests if it
>would help.

Hi Jon

Version is 2.4.6

Further testing would be helpful to see if it's only stepper systems or
that servo systems see the same slow downs.

The burning problem is because the spindle speed and feed are optimised
for cutting at 3200 mm/min as per cutter manufacturers spec. (It's an
8mm diameter 2 flute down spiral end mill) They recommend 6 - 7m/min at
20000 rpm. I can't do 6m/min so have to slow spindle down to 12000 or
so. Feed is slowing to 400mm in parts, hence the burning.

If anybody wants the full file to test email me and I'll send it to you.
Thanks

Steve Blackmore