gene heskett wrote:
> Since true 4x3 monitors are about as plentiful as hens teeth these days,
> and the axis interface seems to ignore this unsquare pixel, is there a way
> I can fix this that anyone knows about short of just using the center
> 2/3rds of the screen via the button on the monitor?

Gene
I am currently looking at a pair of 1920 by 1200 monitors fully populated by
the
Linux box, so at least some of the information you are getting has to be
incorrect ;)

You will need to load the the Linux ATI driver if you want the monitor
resolution to be set automatically,
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/linux/Legacy/Pages/radeon_linux.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.12&lang=English
( Is that available via packag manager in a EMC setup? Not got a network
connection on that machine here )

it is also possible as Przemek has said to manually set up the resolution in
xorg.conf, and that is something I've been familiar with for many years, but
recent distributions of linux ARE making that a bit more difficult. In my own
case, the computers are the other side of a KVM switch arrangement, and - for
example - currently the script I run in SUSE11.3 to give me the dual screen
will
not run in SUSE11.4 because that is defaulting to 1024x768 rather than ignoring
the fact there is no feedback from the monitor :( 'nomodeset' is apparently no
longer your friend ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL