On Thursday, August 25, 2011 02:34:37 PM Cathrine Hribar did opine:

> Hi:
>
> Was wondering if you, or anyone on here has a source for wavy spring
> washers? The ones used to load taper roller bearings.
>
> I called my local bearing house here and he don't know what I am talking
> about!!!
>
> Thanks:
>
> Bill

Nomenclature maybe, Bill.  I think they are usually called Belleview or
similar.  Or am I confused, ISTR those spring load not by being wavy, but
by being dished?  The dished version would probably be the stronger force,
at reduced travel.

Cheers, gene
My web page: <http://204.111.67.138:85/gene>
If I were to walk on water, the press would say I'm only doing it
because I can't swim.
                -- Bob Stanfield