On Fri, 16 Sep 2011, Viesturs L?cis wrote:

Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:37:41 +0300
From: "[UTF-8] Viesturs L?cis" <viesturs.la...@gmail.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Encoders on 7i48

2011. gada 16. septembris 13:53 Viesturs Lācis
<viesturs.la...@gmail.com> rakstīja:
2011/9/16 andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>:
On 16 September 2011 11:26, Viesturs Lācis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com> wrote:

From manual:
The 7I48 takes up/down PWM or PDM signals from the Anything I/O card

From http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/hostmot2.9.html#pwmgen
Accepted values are 1 (PWM on Out0 and Direction on Out1), 2 (Up on
Out0 and Down on Out1), 3 (PDM mode, PDM on Out0 and Dir on Out1), and
4 (Direction on Out0 and PWM on Out1, "for locked antiphase").

It says you need Up/Down mode, so that means it has to be mode 2.

(connecting PWM/DIR to Up/Down inputs will have very wrong behaviour)

I tried both 2 and 3.
For type 3 I get -9.98V on X1 output after trying to jog it. X2 and Y
stay at 0V. Motors, whose drives receive these 9.98V signals, are
spinning...

Mode 2 is correct for the 7I48, what bit file are you using? are you sure you have the correct 7I43 connector?

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)