On Wednesday, November 02, 2011 11:20:29 AM kqt4a...@comcast.net did opine:

> On Wed, 2 Nov 2011, andy pugh wrote:
> > On 2 November 2011 09:03,  <kqt4a...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >> That is my other option but I have realign my work
> >> For this project I start with 1/4" bit to remove a lot of material
> >> Then switch to a 1/8" bit then to a 1/16" bit to finish
> >> If I change routers I have to hope I get the alignment correct
> >
> > Do you have access to a lathe? It should be possible to modify one of
> > the existing extensions, though I think I would be more tempted to
> > modify one of these:
> > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ER11-10MM-STRAIGHT-SHANK-L100MM-CHUCK-CNC-MI
> > LLING-LATHE-TOOL-WORKHOLDING-L29-/150688723489
>
> I do not have access to a lathe
> I may have to make friends with a local machinist
> Could get pricey
>
> Another thought I had was to scrounge for an old dremel and cut off the
> shaft

Its not very long, and unless you get really lucky, not precise enough.
Dremel's shaft is broken with a flex coupling between the motor and the
chuck unless you get one about 45 years old, and the chuck section runs in
its own, sloppy bearing setup on modern dremels.  Black & Decker makes a
lookalike but orange hand grinder that feels as if their setup is still one
piece.  It may be accurate enough.  I got mine, like I get my RO sanders,
from the factory outlet B&D store down in Flatwoods WV.  About a $20 bill
IIRC.  The sander ($21) was amazing, low vibration and couples to a small
vac with no adapters.  I wore one plumb out last year so I drove down and
got another about a month ago.

Cheers, Gene
  Some bird populations soaring down
        -Headline of an article in
         Science News, page 126, February 20, 1993.