On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 19:52:23 +0100
Michael Haberler <mai...@mah.priv.at> wrote:

> just a vague idea - it would occur to me that transforming the probe
> result into a parametric model for the Z surface, feed that to the
> trajectory planner and make the TP 'do the right thing' as a move is
> executed would greatly simplify the usage of this method, and get rid
> of the G-code transformation step
>
> -m
>
> Am 17.12.2011 um 19:05 schrieb Viesturs Lācis:
>
> > 2011/12/17 Sven Wesley <svenne.d...@gmail.com>:
> >> Does anyone read my lines?! :D
> >>

> > I do :))
> >
> > I went through the cnczone thread, this whole thing looks very
> > promising, thank You for bringing it in the light!
> >
> > Viesturs

Been there, done that using G1's. Used it for roughing a gunstock.
Granularity was a bit rough but ready to clean up by hand.

A solid model that one could CAM would be nicer. But one can program
lofted surfaces by hand and that can fix the granularity. ;-)
A little imagination and your programming language of choice can save a
lot of fooling around. ;-)

Dave

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011