actually it probably can go into a kinematics module, like below

I think it could work out as follows:
- take grid of Z probes
- compute surface parameters and pass to kinematics module via HAL pins
- mill unmodified G-code

The advantage would be - beyond 'no gcode translation needed' that it would be
a continues (non-gridded) correction process

pcbkins.c ;): which is basically trivkins.c except if model parameters are
non-zero:

HAL_FLOAT p1,p2,...pN; // HAL pins convey model parameters
double zcorrect(double x,double y) { /* exercise for reader, uses model
parameters */ }

int kinematicsInverse(const EmcPose * pos,
                      double *joints,
                      const KINEMATICS_INVERSE_FLAGS * iflags,
                      KINEMATICS_FORWARD_FLAGS * fflags)
{
    joints[0] = pos->tran.x;
    joints[1] = pos->tran.y;
    joints[2] = pos->tran.z + zcorrect(pos->tran.x, pos->tran.y);

computational geometry isnt my forte but I assume there is a way to approximate
z, within a given error, a probed mesh by a simple parametric function from
x,y; maybe splines or somesuch

-m

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011