On 19/01/2012 02:02, Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:
> Thanks Robert for your answer. I'll be chechink the Yaskawa models and see
> if I can find a good dealer around here to request quotation.
>
> So you tell that you tried this combination with EMC?. And how did it work?
> It was good for positioning?. I don't need fast interpolations, only
> individual positioning movements to place the grinding wheel and the part.

it was on a spindle motor,.. 7.5KW const 8000rpm and i need to line the
dogs  up for the tool changer,. old spindle drive died..
so we went with a standard VFD and got away with it its not grate if we
had smarter vector drive would do the 8k rpm and give us vector for
position.,. yaskawa can so can we would of been alot beter of i think..
but was 3k drive for that size

as les said i would be looking Servos if not AC used DC or something
cheaper and will give what u realy are looking for in th elong run with
no headaces

rob