Thank you Les and Robert for your answers. So, the best option is brushed
DC motors, I guess I'm going to try that. I will try to find good motors at
good prices on ebay. And for the drive, yes the gecko is a good option, and
also the drivers from granite devices look very good and affordable.

Thanks again for your help!

El 19 de enero de 2012 21:01, robert <rob...@innovative-rc.com> escribió:

> On 19/01/2012 02:02, Leonardo Marsaglia wrote:
> > Thanks Robert for your answer. I'll be chechink the Yaskawa models and
> see
> > if I can find a good dealer around here to request quotation.
> >
> > So you tell that you tried this combination with EMC?. And how did it
> work?
> > It was good for positioning?. I don't need fast interpolations, only
> > individual positioning movements to place the grinding wheel and the
> part.
> >

> it was on a spindle motor,.. 7.5KW const 8000rpm and i need to line the
> dogs  up for the tool changer,. old spindle drive died..
> so we went with a standard VFD and got away with it its not grate if we
> had smarter vector drive would do the 8k rpm and give us vector for
> position.,. yaskawa can so can we would of been alot beter of i think..
> but was 3k drive for that size
>

> as les said i would be looking Servos if not AC used DC or something
> cheaper and will give what u realy are looking for in th elong run with
> no headaces
>
> rob

*Leonardo Marsaglia*.