gene heskett wrote:
> On Sunday, January 29, 2012 12:00:01 PM andy pugh did opine:
>

>> On 29 January 2012 13:23, John Thornton <bjt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So, looking at one of the links for servo tuning is our
>>>
>>> FF0 = Velocity Feed Forward Gain.
>>> FF1 = Position Feed Forward Gain.
>>> FF2 = Acceleration Feed Forward Gain  or Friction Feed Forward Gain.
>>>
>>> I would like to update the docs with some descriptive text in addition
>>> to "0th order feed forward gain" as that and the other descriptions
>>> only seem to make sense to a mathematics professor.
>>>

> Bingo John.

To get more specific, FF0 is an adjustment based on the commanded
parameter of the PID.
FF1 is based on the first derivative of the commanded parameter, FF2 is
based
on the second derivative.  In a positioning servo, then FF0 is
proportional to the position, FF1 is
proportional to velocity and FF2 is proportional to acceleration.

In a velocity servo, perhaps a closed-loop spindle speed control, FF0
would be proportional
to velocity, FF1 would be proportional to acceleration, and FF2 would be
proportional to
change in acceleration, sometimes referred to as "jerk".

Jon