color photography is a whole other thing.  why not make an rgb encoder system?

--- On Sat, 2/25/12, gene heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

From: gene heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Film Emulsion for Encoder Wheels?
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 11:46 AM

On Saturday, February 25, 2012 02:36:41 PM Kirk Wallace did opine:

> On Sat, 2012-02-25 at 08:25 -0800, charles green wrote:
> > if you can work in 35mm space, make a large laser print of the wheel,
> > photograph it a few stops under exposed, over develop it, and cut the
> > finished disk out of the negative.  works for crude diffractive lenses
> > too.
>
> ... snip
>
> I need a larger encoder and preferably on glass, but I do have some
> Graflex cameras that hold larger film. I also have my father's darkroom
> equipment, but getting it all working again could be a whole other time
> and money sink.

That it can be.  I had my own color darkroom for about 15 years, doing
color prints with a Besseler 23C/Dichro head enlarger & some exposure
meters I built, even brewed my own color developer because the commercial
stuff was so hot it faded from print to print just sitting in the constant
temp bath.  OTOH, I could hand you a very professional looking 8x10 color
print on heavy mat paper, for about a dollar without my time added in.  It
was fun, but it turned into drudgery after a while when an order for 8
8x10's of somebodies wedding took till 4AM to finish.  I made it pay for
the expendables, but can't say as I ever made a 'take it to the grocery
store' profit.

Cheers, Gene
Sometimes a feeling is all we humans have to go on.
        -- Kirk, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.9