You must be thinking that the ISO is bad, but the CD that just failed on
me while installing 10.04.04 was burned with the same ISO that I used to
create the USB stick drive that just installed the software..  (?)  I
have about a 50-50 hit rate with installs off CDs and I have no idea
why.  It could just be my luck (I don't buy lottery tickets for the same
reason) or ?  ;-)

Dave