> On 3/10/2012 7:16 PM, gene heskett wrote:
>

>> I didn't.  I re-installed today, but the network refuses to recognize any
>> ipv4 commands.  It sets up all the ipv6 stuff, but I've no clue because I
>> don't have ipv6 setup anyplace else on my network.  So the only way I can
>> bring the ifconfig output to this list is by a pix of the monitor screen.

I think if 10.04 finds anything that responds to ipv6 headers, it
selects ipv6 as the default
IP version.  In the network config menu, you should be able to disable
ipv6 entirely,
and then configure ipv4 at least manually.  I do all my configs manually
and don't
use DHCP.

You might also try installing with it not connected to the network if
the above doesn't
help.  After the install, hook it up and see if you can configure it.

And, of course, there might be something wrong with that mobo's net
interface
that is causing the problem.

Jon