Am 22.03.2012 um 10:09 schrieb Erik Christiansen:

>  It is my (limited)
> understanding that LinuxCNC cannot intrinsically test the current state
> of its many modalities, so we don't seem to have anything that can be
> checked, AIUI.

> But LinuxCNC doesn't know its current state in an exportable way, so has
> nothing to put on a stack, AIUI.

As for introspection on state at the gcode level, see
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/gcode/overview.html#_predefined_named_parameters_a_id_sec_predefined_named_parameters_a
 .

If that doesnt suffice, go to the embedded Python level which has practically
all of the interpreter state exposed, and then some (task).

See tests/remap/introspect/oword.py for state access.

Exporting state from Python is left as an exercise for the reader;)

-m