On Sat, 21 Apr 2012, Andrew wrote:

Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 21:30:11 +0300
From: Andrew <parallel.kinemat...@gmail.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] BLDC on 7i43 + 7i39 + linear motors

21 ???????????? 2012 ??. 21:00 Andrew <parallel.kinemat...@gmail.com>
??????????????:

if you have the parameters right, you may still have the phase rotatiom
backwards, this can be fixed by swapping 2 motor leads.

Thanks Peter, that is possible. Can I change something in hal to avoid
swapping wires?

That's not the case, unfortunately.
The wrong commutation just overheated the motor. I was lucky to notice that.

Yes, until you get the commutation and PID right you are using your BLDC like a step motor (so dont leave it on if it does not work)

You could also run from a low motor voltage until you get things working (say 5V)

to verify that your parameters are close you can apply a small fixed drive so you can feel the once per cycle magnetic detent and the verify that bldc.N.phase-angle changes by 1 for each detent

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)