I don't have a pole can... I live out in the woods and all the services
are underground and I'm serviced with a pad mounted transformer that
only feeds my house and shop. I have a 200 amp service that is split
between my house and the shop and both have 200 amp panels with proper
size wire. I can spin up my lathe 5.5Kw spindle from 0-6,000 while the
mill is running and never have I seen the lights dim, well when I ran
the garage from some direct bury 10ga I could make the lights dim but
not since I built the shop and installed proper wiring.

Is the encoder disk problem one of cam or cad?

John