Andrea,

If you hold the feed rate at zero with the motion.feed-hold until the brake
is released then no matter how long the brake takes to release the slide
will not move.
Install a physical switch to trip when the brake is physically unlocked.
Set up the motion.feed-hold to read the switch on the brake.

thanks
Stuart

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:18 AM, John Kasunich <jmkasun...@fastmail.fm>wrote:

> There is a HAL pin on the motion controller called motion.feed-hold
>
> motion.feed-hold IN BIT
> When Feed Stop Control is enabled with M53 P1, and this bit is TRUE,
> the feed rate is set to 0.
>
> Set up your HAL config so that pin is driven TRUE whenever the brake
> is on.
>

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012, at 11:08 AM, Andrea Buono wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm setting up a drilling machine with a single axis controlled by an
> > inverter with encoder with a Mesa 7i43 card for the loop
> > The axis has a brake which acts on a rack railway by a cylinder.
> > Now to allow time for the cylinder to unlock, I gave a delaied command to
> > the
> > direction of inverter, but this causes a tracking error on the axis.
> > How do I tell to the "motion" that has to wait to release the brake even
> > in
> > MDI or in jog mode?
> >
> > Sorry for my english and thank you.
> >
> > Andrea