On 10/19/2012 02:31 AM, Bruce Layne wrote:
> On 10/18/2012 10:28 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
>> jeremy youngs wrote:
>>> so make the file yourself
>>>
>> No, that's the idea.  Unless the file has some kind of encrypted code
>> authorized by the manufacturer of the printer in collaboration with the CAM
>> system, the
>> printer will refuse to print it.
> So make THE PRINTER yourself!
>
> Like Jeremy, I'm trying to stay out of the politics of this, too, but
> this is one of the times when it's helpful to view humanity as roughly
> divided into two distinct groups - those who want to control others, and
> those who want to be left alone to build, create, work and accomplish.
> Those who seek to control others do so in order to prosper from their
> creativity, harnessed intellect and hard work.  I further subdivide the
> control people into two groups - those who want direct control (mostly
> government types) and those who empower the direct controllers and live
> off their table scraps (monopolies, patent hoarders, corporations that
> aren't competitive in a free market but make a lot more money by
> corrupting government, etc.)

   No, there are 3 distinct groups of people in this world...   There
are those that want to be told what to do, so that they don't have to
make decisions for themselves.  This group is the worst group of all,
because they will go along with whatever is popular at the moment.

   it is my belief that the bulk of the people on this list would fall
into the second group.  All you have to do is look at the links attached
to my tagline to see what I've given back to the "community at large"
recently.  As long as the G keeps their nose out of my business, I'm happy.

   I just hope that printing, and CNC'ing doesn't get saddled with
restrictions on their usage.  This patent only shows what lengths people
are willing to go to, to find ways to restrict what this community does
everyday.

   I'm not a purist, I believe in the best tool for the job, even if I
have to make it.  I don't use Linux, or LinuxCNC,  because they are
free...  I use them because I'm free to do what "I" want to do with
them.  When I upgraded my laptop from 10.04, to 12.04, I got a very big
surprise.  but that didn't stop me from ripping unity out, and
installing mate.

--
MC Cason
Eagle3D: