On Mon, 2012-10-15 at 11:39 -0400, Bruce Layne wrote:
> I've been following this 3D printed gun issue closely.  It's one of the
> most inflammatory of the many issues surrounding the transformational 3D
> printing technology that will democratize a number of industries.
>

> My engineer friend that I mentioned earlier owns one of those $35,000
> Stratasys Dimension 3D printers.  I warned him not to print any gun parts.

You can make any gun parts you want as long as you don't make the 'part'
that gets classified as the action.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/947189/building-a-single-shot-falling-block-rifle-action-book-by-walter-mueller
provides a good recipe on how to jump thru the ATF hoops and stay out of
trouble.

Dave