Sven Wesley wrote:
> I did some testing yesterday. I upgraded the graphics driver (Nvidia) and
> the latency test went from 18 000 to 150 000... I removed the driver and
> reconfigured X and came down to a sweet 7 000, but there's something
> messing things up as the latency all of a sudden popped up to 15 800.

If 15,800 is the worst it gets, that really isn't too bad.  You may be
able to turn off some
acceleration options in the video driver.  Big bit block transfers from
screen memory
to main memory can bog the CPU down and cause latency hiccups.  Or, it
could be the
network interface, which you can't change.  If you have a hyperthreading
CPU, you
generally want to turn that off in the BIOS screen.  Running glxgears
puts up
a 3-D display that mimics the load the Axis 3-D preview creates.  Also,
hide and bring
back to foreground a couple windows on the screen.  If those operations
don't
cause your latency bump, then it may be the network, you can try a few
sftp file
transfers to see if that is the cause.

Jon