On 27 October 2012 00:34, Peter C. Wallace <p...@mesanet.com> wrote:

> AFAIK (and I am no expert) the lookahead limitation is not "compute bound"
> but rather structural based on a early design decision

Indeed not. On modern hardware most paths can probably be fully
computed before the end of the first segment.

It is also true that the current lookahead is not a problem on a large
percentage of code. If the code is reasonably long lines and
reasonably large arcs then it works excellently

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.