2013/4/9 andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>

> On 9 April 2013 09:07, Viesturs Lācis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Am I really missing something or are You complaining about really old
> > version of LinuxCNC?
>
> Possibly, but I don't think that the motion system has changed.

That is what I also thought as I did not see anything related mentioned in
changelog.

It is just that it has been mentioned so many times here on mailing list -
in case of unsolvable errors on old versions first step is to update to
latest-and-greatest, try again as You may never know. Just like in the
other thread about custom M command used to reload g-code file, Seb posted
a link a discussion in forum, where there is this post:
http://www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/40-subroutines-and-ngcgui/26290-subroutine-stops-without-warning#31744
And it says that LinuxCNC does not jump back to joint mode after executing
mdi command from vcp button through halui, which would answer the issue
that was brought up by Tomaz in yet another thread, so I am going to check
that out.
Sorry for off-topic, what I am trying to say: there is only one way to find
out for sure, if particular issue has been fixed in newer release...

--
Viesturs

If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto