On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 13:55:30 +0100, you wrote:

>On 8 April 2013 22:57, Steve Blackmore <st...@pilotltd.net> wrote:
>
>> ini file
>> http://pastebin.com/keXTHWyn
>
>I don't really have the tools here to analyse this, but a few observations.
>
>At 800mm/sec2 accel and 1200mm/min traverse speed the minimum arc
>radius is 0.5mm.

Slowing the acceleration or max speed makes no difference, it still does
it, just less obvious. The sound in the videos is the big giveaway, you
can hear the changes in velocity easier than see them.

>The circular moves do not appear to be tangent to the straight lines.
>I wonder if they were meant to be?

The drawing is the outline of a Fender Telecaster, the file was
optimised using Rhino V4 before producing the code using FeatureCam V15.
The lines are contiguous to +/- 0.0001mm. If there were errors with the
drawing both would complain and not accept it as one continuous outline.

>I wonder if Mach and LinuxCNC are
>taking a different approach to blending the corners?

Almost certainly.

Did you read the 2011 posts? In particular the one where Art explains
how he did CV for Mach?

Also Daniel at Tormach concurs, his observation follows for those who
haven't read the old stuff on this

"The problem is apparent at the first G2 move.  The machine appears to
change feedrate between G2 and G1 moves.  Moving from one G2 line to
another G2 line is smooth, and moving  from one G1 line to another G1
line is smooth.  G1 moves appear to run at around 60% of the feedrate of
the G2 moves, so the transition from G1 to G2 (or G2 to G1) makes the
machine seem erratic.  If I slow the feedrate down, the problem
persists."

Steve Blackmore