The drawing is the outline of a Fender Telecaster, the file was
optimised using Rhino V4 before producing the code using FeatureCam V15.
The lines are contiguous to +/- 0.0001mm. If there were errors with the
drawing both would complain and not accept it as one continuous outline.

i see no reason to have the resolution of your cam system set this high if
i did that in mastercam it would triple the code
although i still dont think this is your answer just an observation?
i have asked a bit about look ahead and have heard some muffled replies
what exactly is the lcnc look ahead ? it does not appear to be infinite?
and last I really prefer to avoid cv actions as they do not produce the
most efficient programs, but nonetheless i would be interested to see what
is discovered here

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Steve Blackmore <st...@pilotltd.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 13:55:30 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >On 8 April 2013 22:57, Steve Blackmore <st...@pilotltd.net> wrote:
> >
> >> ini file
> >> http://pastebin.com/keXTHWyn
> >
> >I don't really have the tools here to analyse this, but a few
> observations.
> >
> >At 800mm/sec2 accel and 1200mm/min traverse speed the minimum arc
> >radius is 0.5mm.
>
> Slowing the acceleration or max speed makes no difference, it still does
> it, just less obvious. The sound in the videos is the big giveaway, you
> can hear the changes in velocity easier than see them.
>
> >The circular moves do not appear to be tangent to the straight lines.
> >I wonder if they were meant to be?
>
> The drawing is the outline of a Fender Telecaster, the file was
> optimised using Rhino V4 before producing the code using FeatureCam V15.
> The lines are contiguous to +/- 0.0001mm. If there were errors with the
> drawing both would complain and not accept it as one continuous outline.
>
> >I wonder if Mach and LinuxCNC are
> >taking a different approach to blending the corners?
>
> Almost certainly.
>
> Did you read the 2011 posts? In particular the one where Art explains
> how he did CV for Mach?
>
> Also Daniel at Tormach concurs, his observation follows for those who
> haven't read the old stuff on this
>
> "The problem is apparent at the first G2 move.  The machine appears to
> change feedrate between G2 and G1 moves.  Moving from one G2 line to
> another G2 line is smooth, and moving  from one G1 line to another G1
> line is smooth.  G1 moves appear to run at around 60% of the feedrate of
> the G2 moves, so the transition from G1 to G2 (or G2 to G1) makes the
> machine seem erratic.  If I slow the feedrate down, the problem
> persists."
>
> Steve Blackmore
> --

jeremy youngs