From: jeremy youngs
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 6:36 AM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Adjustable Kinnematics?

g17,18,19 will select yor planes of motion then g91 will give the
incremental move off, and i am uncertain what linuxcncs code for radians is
. but im with andy if you only have 3 axis why? linear interpolation will
do what you are asking if i understand correctl

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 4:56 AM, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31 May 2013 07:24, RogerN <re...@wildblue.net> wrote:
> > Let’s say, for example, you have a part that takes some machining at
> some angle to the parts normal X, Y, and Z.  My CAD/CAM software will let
> me pick a 3D face and will align to that for generating the code.  Is it
> possible to do something similar with LinuxCNC?  like if you need to
> machine a flat and drill a hole at 45 degrees between the X and Z, can you
> rotate the CNC coordinate system 45 degrees about the Y axis so that when
> you jog X, the machine moves X and Z at a 45 degree angle, and when you
> jog
> Z, the machine moves Z and X at 45 degrees (90 degrees from the X jog).
>
> The answer is probably "maybe"
>
> I don't think that doing what you describe makes any sense unless you
> can also change the angle of the tool axis. If you are talking about
> changing the tool axis then it becomes a normal 4/5 axis kinematics.
>
> I guess with a tilting-head mill there is no reason that the angular
> axes used by kinematics need to actually be motorised. The AB angles
> could be inputs to HAL set to match the physical angles manually set
> by the operator.
>
> There is a 5axiskins in src/emc/kinematics that might already do what
> you are describing under the situation described above.
>
> --
> atp
> If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
> http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto

We conclude that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep
and bear arms. That right existed prior to the formation of the new
government under the Constitution and was premised on the private use of
arms for activities such as hunting and self-defense, the latter being
understood as resistance to either private lawlessness or the depredations
of a tyrannical government." - U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, March
9, 2007

jeremy youngs