Hi all;

I have an issue with a long-running test. I was cutting a hand wheel out of
Aluminium, using the output of a CAM program (CamBam). I was twiddling with
the feeds and spindle speeds sliders, and wonder if the issue is my
twiddling, or if it is with my machine.

I seem to remember reading about this issue back when I started with
LinuxCNC.

Machine KX1 with G540 and a Mesa 5I25 in it. No errors on the console.

Why did that arc shown on the blog page have the issue? Was it me possibly
setting the feed speed to 0?

I'll re-create the CAM program, (with shallower depths) and the
feeds/speeds correct, and see if the issue was me, or the machine.

The picture is on my blog,

http://cnc-for-model-engineers.blogspot.ca/2013/06/hand-wheels-and-cambam-part-i.html

should get you there.

I won't be able to re-run the whole test for a couple of weeks (it took too
long and too noisy for a midnight run).

Thanks for any words of wisdom anyone may have.

John A. Stewart.