On 08/02/2013 05:18 PM, Dave wrote:
> Kirk,
>
> Where can you buy treadmill motors anymore?
>
> They used to be widely available in the US but the supply seems to have
> dried up.
>
> Dave

For quite a while they have been scarce or expensive on eBay. It seemed
they were quite a fad with the DIY wind generator crowd, but I did a
search today and there are quite a few motors available. With a bit of
shopping around, I think there may be some good deals. I never really
thought they would make very good generators, maybe people are finding
that out. DIY alternators make a lot more sense to me.
http://www.scoraigwind.com/pmgbooklet/itpmg.pdf

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/