On Sat, 8/3/13, Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Equivalent replacements for these old servos?
 To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
 Date: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 9:14 AM

 On 08/02/2013 11:46 PM, Gregg
 Eshelman wrote:

 > Something else about this mill, it has cogged belts for
 speed
 > reduction on all three axes. I haven't had time since
 bringing it
 > home to start taking things apart. Was an over 600 mile
 round trip to
 > get it.

* When do we get to see pictures?

http://partsbyemc.com/pub/ look at the pics that start with acra, and the rest
of the stuff if you want. The rust on the ways? That's nothing. A little steel
wool and Deep Creep will wipe it right off. I've cleaned up much worse on lathe
beds.
The logos are re-creations I made of some vintage logos. The Powr-Kraft one I
did for my 1940 Montgomery Ward lathe and the Blackhawk one is for a very old
steel Porto-Power carrying case I'm restoring, possibly for use as a briefcase.
Replace the /pub with /catalog to see the reproduction car parts I make.

 > Will be at a sci-fi/anime/horror/etc convention in Nampa, ID all this
 > weekend. Haven't missed it since its first year in 2004. ;-) This is
 > my annual three day vacation from everything.

* In Idaho? I thought we Californians were known for our fruits and nuts. :)

fandemonium.org It's no ComicCon but it's been growing. Got almost 800
attendees last year. It's an all-genre, family friendly convention, though we
do have some 18+ events. I was on staff the first 4 or 5 years. Much less
stressful as a 'normal' attendee, though if I lived closer than the 75 miles
from Weiser to Boise (where most of the staff meetings etc are held) I'd dive
right back into being on the staff. ;-)