Greg Bentzinger wrote:
> Hello group;
>
> An old friend contacted me recently about problems he has been having with
> his hobby mill. I say hobby because the man is a top notch surgeon who does
> mainly reconstruction of destroyed hands.
>
> His hobby mill looks to be a late 70's vintage CNC knee mill with a 2 or 3 hp
> Universal 300 qwik switch spindle. The control CRT is long gone and a B&W 7
> inch hand held TV is strapped in place using composite RCA video.  I'm
> guessing a Z80A cpu.  The Mill has Baldor servos as follows;
> Model        M-4060-FL-43
> Mfg Code     16/190 81633
>
> Max Current    25A
> Torque Stall    350 oz inch
> Max Speed    2500 RPM
> Max Volt        120 VDC

There are a couple of Pico Systems (disclaimer: my company) ways to go
with this.
We have an analog servo system called the PPMC (Parallel Port Motion
Control) that
can use analog velocity servo amps such as the Copley or AMC.  Copley DOES
make higher current servo amps, such as the 422.  (180 V, 20 A peak).

The other way is our PWM servo amps and PWM controller.  This is also
capable
of 120+ V at 20 A peak.

You can look these up at http://pico-systems.com

Jon