On Thu, 9/5/13, Sven Wesley <svenne.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

 I don't know what your machine looks like, but I think many
 people believe
 they need much larger servos than actually needed. My steel
 router has a
 gantry weight around 80-90 kg and is driven by small Nidec
 servos rated at 80 V (really small).

That's not even 200 pounds. The table on this mill is 10x50" - 25.4x127
centimeters, 4" - 10cm at its thickest, of cast iron, plus the saddle. That's a
lot of weight to move, which I'm not in the least interested in removing unless
or until it absolutely needs to be.