On Thursday 19 December 2013 16:51:28 yann jautard did opine:

> Or modifiy your machine hardware to drive the maching via parallel port
> or mesa card ;)
> If it is stepper-based that should not be so complicated.

Parport card, Startech full EPP capable, $15 USD.  Replace your serial
interface board with something along the lines of a CNC4PC C1G, and wire it
direct to your stepper drivers.  The C1G isn't all that pricey.  And I find
its LED tallies are extremely valuable debugging tools.

Very smallish price to multiply the capabilities of the machine by a
relatively large figure.

> Le 19/12/2013 18:40, ad...@mmri.us a écrit :
> > I have been using Linux since 1997, so you preach to the converted.
> > Unfortunately EMC does not work wioth Isel G-code at all.
> >
> > The machine communicates through a serail port not parallel.
> >
> > Unless some advances occurred with EMC the last past years that will
> > drive the Isel it would be worth trying it again, but it never worked
> > previous years.
> > If all else fails I just have to write an interface myself.
> >
> > Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> On Wednesday 18 December 2013 23:18:21 ad...@mmri.us did opine:

> >> 1. This is windows based code, so this is the wrong list. We may have
> >> heard of the name, but its safe to say we know relatively little
> >> about  it.
> >>
> >> 2. In the GCode summary of the above pdf document, I see no reference
> >> to G17-G18-G19, which select the plane of the arc(s) it will move
> >> in.
> >>
> >> 3. Based on that, its a safe assumption that this code is hopelessly
> >> broken for what you want to do.
> >>
> >> 4. You can download, from linuxcnc.org, a cd image that will not only
> >> install linux, but linuxcnc at the same time.  It may take a few days
> >> to fine tune the install for your uses, and it may take a day or 3
> >> to get linuxcnc configured to drive your machine, likely much better
> >> than the Davinci code ever could.  A network connection is assumed
> >> for all the updating that will be required since that cd image is
> >> now nearly 3 years old.  I have a cat5 to all of my machines.
> >>
> >> 5. All this assumes the DaVinci interface is through a standard
> >> parallel port interface.  It or even specialized wide data path
> >> cards are the standard for driving machines in real time.  Serial
> >> ports are way too slow, ethernet has latencies that can destroy
> >> precision, and usb is even worse.
> >>
> >> So give it a try, I think you will be pleased.  And if you do have
> >> problems, this IS the list to bring them to.  So in effect you came
> >> to the right list after all. :)

> >> Cheers, Gene

Cheers, Gene

Windows 2000 will be released as soon as Windows 98 finishes loading.
         law-abiding citizens.