Hi
I did a clean install of lubuntu 12.4 had the same problem with Grub the
rtai kernal was 4th on the grub list which was soon sorted.
Thankyou for the  work you have done on giving us this upgrade it works
perfectly on my home built mill.
  Is it my imagination but my stepper motors seem to run smoother.
John