On 2 April 2014 05:27, Gregg Eshelman <g_ala...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Recommend something? I've searched some and findings range from "Yeah,
> TTL quadrature outputs can be connected to a parallel port." (without
> the author giving any specific details) to "Here's a schematic and a
> BOM, now get out your soldering iron." to "Buy this expensive board that
> does *anything*, of which you'll only use one function."

You can connect your scales to a parallel port using wires. For
neatness and reliability you might also want to use plugs.

Any additional components just reduce the probability of damaging the
port and/or motherboard.

More important than the scales for determining what hardware would be
appropriate is what type of axis motors you are trying to control.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.