On Thursday 24 April 2014 09:09:00 andy pugh did opine:

> On 24 April 2014 13:43, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > Thanks.  Unfortunately, the butt end of those holders, with one 12mm
> > exception on page 65, are all too big for my QC holders.
>
> They are also rather expensive.
> However, you have a milling machine. And I have the G-code to carve
> the socket in a suitable piece of material.

Can you PM that to me, and what size of a mill does it assume?  I can go
below 1/8" in some of my PCB mills, but they obviously don't go that deep.

> > I also note that 99% of the inserts are through coolant, something I
> > am not equipt to handle.
>
> It's a nice feature, and the coolant feeds in from the end of the
> holder thorugh a drilling.
> However, I use the Horn boring tools quite extensively and actually
> have no coolant at all on my lathe. (I need you to make that round
> toit press).

Chuckle, that too, we both need longer working days, but at my years, 2 or
3 hours is tops with my back's condition. I just get a good start, and have
to go rest it for half an hour or more.  They are talking a nerve block,
and I'm a bit ambivalent for obvious I can damage it more reasons. If I
would have had any idea that I might live this long, I would have been a
little easier on me for the last 65 years.  But when you are 16 or 17 yo,
and wrestling 55 gallon drums of grasshopper killer, that simply is not on
ones radar. :(

But its good to hear its "optional".

Thanks Andy.

Cheers, Gene