On 05/02/2014 10:28 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 2 May 2014 16:15, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:
>
>> eBay item # is 321060396782  if the above line is messed up.
> I have a similar one, I just tried it with Precise and Cheese and it
> "Just worked"

There are a bunch of similar units.  Some are 7mm, some 10mm and
some other sizes.  I'm not too clear if these "endoscope"
cameras
are good for the center finding purpose, as they list a 62
degree
field of view, seems awfully wide for this.  There's a $60
one listed
as a "pen microscope" where they showed some pics and that seems
to have a good close-up view.  The others are not showing views,
so it is harder to know.

There is a pic from the "HD5000" webcam in the Wiki at
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Adding_Digital_Zoom_To_Camview-Emc
that is not very impressive, you might be able to get it
within .1mm
but that's about it.

There's another pic here :
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Axis_Embed_Video
That seems much more impressive, but I couldn't find
what camera was used.

Jon