Le 2014-05-03 04:50, Jon Elson a écrit :
> There is a pic from the "HD5000" webcam in the Wiki at
> http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Adding_Digital_Zoom_To_Camview-Emc
> that is not very impressive, you might be able to get it within .1mm
> but that's about it.

I would like to clarify an important fact: the picture from the wiki is
taken with a workpiece / camera distance of 100mm.
At this distance, I achieved better than 0.05 mm accuracy, but with
uncomfortable conditions.
I agree, 0.1mm is the practical performance figure at this distance with
this setup.
Better resolution can be reach when going down to 25 mm distance as
demonstrated here
http://blog.f1oat.org/2014/05/03/hd5000-edge-finder-test-at-25-mm-distance/
However, I confirm HD5000 is limited because it does not have a
microscope lens system. I use digital zoom with all well know drawbacks.
My experience is that the main problem with this kind of camera setup
(camera mounted on X/Y axis, not on Z) is the vertical alignment for
proper operation with any height of the workpiece. That may be the major
limitation to the overall accuracy of the system.
See all my HD5000 topics here http://blog.f1oat.org/tag/hd5000/

Frederic.