I don't know about the newer digital drives from Automation Technologies but I
have my gantry router set up with these:
http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/stepper-nema23-3-axis-kits/cnc-stepper-motor-3-axis-kit-2.
They have performed flawlessly for nearly 5 years driving 2 TPI screws on my
router, sometimes running for 8 hrs in +90 F conditions.

I have been curious about the closed loop systems A-T offers but haven't found
any feedback from users yet:
http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/nema23-closed-loop-stepper-motor-system-hybrid-servo-kit/nema23-282-oz-in-closed-loop-stepper-motors-3-axis-cnc-kit-110vac220vac-2
Does anyone have any experience with these?

"Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is
either a madman or an economist."
        -Kenneth Boulding, economist
“How unfortunate that the Earth’s first intelligent social animal is a tribal
carnivore”
    -E.O. Wilson, sociobiologist