> I think you might need to check the state of your power circuit.
> I would not expect a lamp to pull down an entire phase without a great
> deal of heat and trouble, and the multimeter results sound very
> strange indeed.
>
> It seems to me that you might have a weak phase on the supply, and
> that all the other motors in the shop are acting as a (not very good)
> rotary phase connverter to synthesise the missing phase.
>
> If you turn off every motor in the shop, what do the phases look like?

Well, yesterday when we discovered that disconnecting the switch for the 3
lamps the problem was solved we tried every phase with all motors off and
everything was normal. Now the phases are ok, and they are consuming more
or less the same amount of current, there's one in particular that has 8
amps more from time to time, but I don't think that's a sign of something
wrong.

It's really weird indeed the multimeter behaviour when the problem ocurred,
because, may be someone with more knowledge about electricity than me knos
why whis could happen.

Now everything seems to be normal, even at the output of the lathe's
transformer.

--
*Leonardo Marsaglia*.