On 8/18/2014 11:46 AM, Todd Zuercher wrote:
> I've had a problem proposed to me. Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> A series of randomly sized wooden pieces (uniform thickness) placed randomly
> on a slow conveyor. Each piece has 1 to 4 small pockets milled in them. I
> would like to automate a method of blowing out the dust left from milling the
> pockets. How hard would it be to detect the location of these pockets,
> position an air nozzle over the pocket and clean them with a short air blast
> as they are carried down the conveyor.

Here's one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9oeOYMRvuQ

And another one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8unkXTtfEBQ

Can't beat an inverted delta or quad arm for speed. Simple linkages,
directly connected to the three or four motor shafts so there's no
gears, belts or screws to wear.

Should be possible to do it with open source software (Open CV for the
video in) and kinematics to operate this kind of robot in a 2D plane
like a 2 axis gantry.

Add a vacuum attachment with rotation capability and it could organize
the parts as it cleans them.

---
is active.