The current RC brushless motors have a lot of poles and a lot of turns of thin
wire, like 120T.

------Original Mail------
From: "Kirk Wallace" <kwall...@wallacecompany.com>
To: <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:43:11 -0700
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] brushless motor coil winder

On 09/19/2014 09:11 AM, Dave Caroline wrote:
> I dont think it is much worse than any other, you just join the groups
> of coils together differently.
>
> Often the coils are wound off the rotor/stator and then mounted and
> varnished to keep steady.
>
> Reverse engineer (unwind) one to see how they did it.
>

> Dave Caroline
>
> On 19/09/2014, David Armstrong <cncbas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Guys,
>> iv'e been asked to come up with a coil winder for rc brushless motors
>> has anyone done such a winder , specific to rc brushless ,as these are 3
>> phases
>> i fear it could get complicated
>>
>> Dave

The RC motors I'm familiar with use a few turns of very thick wire and
would be a bear to wind mechanically. There may be a way to wind a coil
off the core then install it to the stator leg, but this not ideal.
Maybe form C shapes and weld them into a coil after they are installed?

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/