That usage does NOT require a goto, a conventional if statement works:

O100 if [#8 NE #0]
    #8 = #9
O100 endif

If your goal is to either skip or execute some code based on a condition,
a regular if/else/endif structure does the job, while still enforcing structured
code and avoiding spaghetti.

There are plenty of ways to use goto that are clean and structured.  And
every one of those ways is better done using if/else/endif or while/endwhile
or do/while instead of goto.

The things that can't be done with if/else/endif, while/endwhile, or do/while
are typically the things that really shouldn't be done, and that lead to
spaghetti code.

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014, at 02:21 PM, Ron Ginger wrote:
> Mach4 has GOTO in the industrial version. Here is a short snip of how it
> works.
>
> (IF INITIAL FEEDRATE IS OMITTED)
> IF [#8 NE #0] GOTO20
>     #8 = #9
> N20
>
> seems pretty handy to me, and quite clear to read.
>
> ron ginger

  John Kasunich
  jmkasun...@fastmail.fm