Well we have a low pressure sensor already in the machine and it is not yet
implemented in the toolchange setup but it will be. Now not sure what you
mean about the G-code subs is that remap?  what actuators are you talking
about? Detecting failures is already built into the machine with
redundancies of switches at both ends of each movement.  Timing setups will
be needed to get it working safely.

Pete

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 6:00 PM, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 October 2014 20:41, Pete Matos <petefro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is our next hurdle with our Cincinatti Arrow 500 VMC.  It has a
> > carousel toolchanger where the head must raise and lower to load the
> tool.
>
> Yes, I think you are a prime candidate for a G-code subroutine that
> moves the Z and operates actuators through digital/analogue inputs
> (M66 / M65 etc)
>
> The complexity arises in detecting failures and responding
> appropriately. (imagine if the air went off and the spindle didn't
> release).
>
> --
> atp
> If you can't fix it, you don't own it.