On 11/21/2014 08:40 AM, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> This is a question for people using LCNC on larger machine tools. We have
> been patiently waiting for jog while paused and it does not look like we are
> getting it anytime soon. My question is how are others working around this?
> For instance I am working on a job machining gears with hardened teeth and
> we have to remove .250 form one face, roughing insert lasts about 2/3 of the
> way through the roughing program and we have to rotate the insert. Feed hold
> leaves us in a position too close to the part to change the insert. Our only
> solution is to exit program and move tool away to rotate insert and restart
> program from the beginning and cut air  until we get back into the cut. We
> try to run from line but even if we call constant surface feed in our MDI
> spindle start the spindle runs at the cap RPM.

If it is a consistent amount and predictable wear, one Q&D solution is
to program to rough to half the amount, stop spindle, move tool, M1 to
pause, change insert, S to restart, move tool back and restart cut.

On a similar note, I have a lathe with a 6T Fanuc control. It will let
you pause, move tool, do whatever, and restart cut, The caveat is that
the tool has to be moved back to the EXACT position that you moved it
from at pause.

Ed.