Honestly while I am sure there are ways to workaround that particular
problem I have had many situations where a jog while paused feature would
have come in very very handy. It is really something sorely missing from
LinuxCNC. Hell even being able to just stop the spindle or turn off the
coolant would be nice to check progress let alone being able to move tool
away and inspect the work during a program. This is something that would be
very useful in a multitude of operational situations. Peace

Pete

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 November 2014 14:40, Jeff Johnson <john...@superiorroll.com> wrote:
>
> > This is a question for people using LCNC on larger machine tools. We have
> > been patiently waiting for jog while paused and it does not look like we
> are
> > getting it anytime soon.
>
> I can think if a workaround, though it isn't especially nice, and a
> working jog-while-paused would be better.
>
> A PyVCP / GladeVCP or physical button could be added that feeds in an
> offset to the commmanded X and Z positions.
>
> In HAL this would be AND-ed with halui.program.is-paused  so that the
> button is only active when the machine is paused, then it would
> operate a mux2 compionent that passes either 0 or the chosen retract
> through a Limit3 component and then to two "offset" components
> interposed between axis.0.motor-position-cmd and pid.0.command and
> between axis.2.motor-position-cmd and pid.2.command.
>
> So, when the machine is paused it is possible to press a HAL button
> that offsets the tool away from the work. This would only work for
> typical right-to-left cutting, where a positive offset in X and Y is
> what is needed.
>
> Of course adoption of one of the jog-while-paused options that have
> been coded would be a better solution.
>
> --
> atp
> If you can't fix it, you don't own it.