On 21 November 2014 14:40, Jeff Johnson <john...@superiorroll.com> wrote:

> This is a question for people using LCNC on larger machine tools. We have
> been patiently waiting for jog while paused and it does not look like we are
> getting it anytime soon.

I can think if a workaround, though it isn't especially nice, and a
working jog-while-paused would be better.

A PyVCP / GladeVCP or physical button could be added that feeds in an
offset to the commmanded X and Z positions.

In HAL this would be AND-ed with halui.program.is-paused  so that the
button is only active when the machine is paused, then it would
operate a mux2 compionent that passes either 0 or the chosen retract
through a Limit3 component and then to two "offset" components
interposed between axis.0.motor-position-cmd and pid.0.command and
between axis.2.motor-position-cmd and pid.2.command.

So, when the machine is paused it is possible to press a HAL button
that offsets the tool away from the work. This would only work for
typical right-to-left cutting, where a positive offset in X and Y is
what is needed.

Of course adoption of one of the jog-while-paused options that have
been coded would be a better solution.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.